Village Vet St Albans have a new opening for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their hospital day team.
- Care and work-up of complex and interesting cases within an RCVS Hospital and Emergency Centre
- Day work alongside an established, welcoming team of experienced vets with a range of clinical interests.
Village Vet St Albans is a well-established, purpose built small animal hospital located in Hertfordshire, an area boasting great countryside and unparalleled access to London. Our facilities are modern complete including full digital diagnostic facilities, on-site laboratory, full operating theatres, separate dog and cat hospital wards, ultrasound, laparoscopy equipment, dental suite, big staff room and ample parking on site. We have a very experienced and empathetic team of vets, nurses and support staff who make this a great place to work. Our clients are loyal and subscribe to our way of working which is to ‘find out the answer’ rather than wait and see’. We look after our staff with generous CPD, rotas that are sustainable, lots of support both clinical and operational and work with an individual focus on developing the potential of all who join our team.
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- Village Vet bonus
45 hours a week.
Monday – Friday
1:6 Saturdays 8:30am – 7:30pm.
1:6 Sundays 8:30am – 7:30pm.
1 BH per year 8:30am – 7:30pm. (time back in lieu).
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 330 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE – Working to high level of clinical care within a team. Village Vet prides itself on working to a very high standard of care and supports RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
- CLIENT CARE – We strive for exceptional levels of client service and satisfaction.
- TEAMWORK – Working within your team, and the wider hospital teams, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times.
- MANAGEMENT TEAM – You will be fully supported and developed to allow you to grow and achieve your full potential.