Village Vet have an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to work across our Meldreth practice and Whittlesford hospital. The Meldreth cover will be sole charge and the Whittlesford cover will be alongside the hospital teams.
The suitable person needs to work well with all staff as well as be client focused. The Meldreth practice has good equipment and an experienced nursing team to allow high levels of care.
As a team member you will be responsible for the day to day veterinary work and contribute towards the performance of the practice and hospital. You will have the support of the Cambridge Village Vet team and the 24-hour Whittlesford and Milton hospitals.
Hours 37 a week.
Mondays, Tuesdays and every 2nd Fridays – 8:30am to 7pm at Meldreth practice
Thursdays – 9:30am-8pm at Whittlesford Hospital
1 in 2 Sats – 9am to 1pm at Meldreth practice
1 in 8 Sundays – 7:45am to 8:15pm at Whittlesford Hospital
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Village Vet Bonus scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 330 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE – Working to high level of clinical care within a team. Village Vet prides itself on working to a very high standard of care and supports RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
- CLIENT CARE – We strive for exceptional levels of client service and satisfaction.
- TEAMWORK – Working within your team, and the wider hospital teams, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times.
- MANAGEMENT TEAM – You will be fully supported and developed to allow you to grow and achieve your full potential.