Our flagship hospital in Belsize Village is looking for a new veterinary surgeon to join their highly experienced team. We have dedicated clients, a wonderful support team and all the new gadgets to mean this is the ideal role for an established all-rounder who wants to contribute to this special practice.
You will see a range of cases and will have use of digital dental and regular x-rays, brand new state of the art ultrasound machine (with multiple cardiac and abdominal probes), endoscopy, full in-house laboratory and dedicated dental and surgical suites. The role will be focused on exceptional patient and client care, and further development of the practice as an industry-leader in service to pets and people alike.
You will be supported by a dedicated ECC/hospital team, allowing you to focus on first opinion care. The day to day rota is a mix of consulting, imaging, dentistry, procedures and surgery.
We strongly believe in developing our staff by supporting their continued education. Our staff have achieved certificates in internal medicine, cardiology, ECC, dentistry and diagnostic imaging while working at Hampstead. A varied caseload will be guaranteed in our accredited 24 hour small animal hospital, with a dedicated night team, that allows for the continuity of care with complex cases.
All of this in a beautiful location in Hampstead, working as part of a warm, motivated team and accompanied by the following benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- Village Vet bonus
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Lunch provided.
Shift: 45 hours a week:
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 330 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE – Working to high level of clinical care within a team. Village Vet prides itself on working to a very high standard of care and supports RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
- CLIENT CARE – We strive for exceptional levels of client service and satisfaction.
- TEAMWORK – Working within your team, and the wider hospital teams, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times.
- MANAGEMENT TEAM – You will be fully supported and developed to allow you to grow and achieve your full potential.