An exciting opportunity to work with the hospital team has recently become available at our RCVS Accredited small animal hospital. Village Vet Hampstead is a 24hour small animal hospital which provides gold standard care for its own patients as well as providing out of hours and emergency cover to over 20 first opinion clinics and a specialist referral clinic in the North London area.
We have a team of dedicated vets and nurses and allied support from our neighbouring referral arm; London Veterinary Specialists (located just across the square). The dynamic team currently consists of over 15 veterinary surgeons with varying degrees of experience from certificate holders to junior doctors, over 13 RVN’s, 3 student nurses, 7 Pet Care Assistants and a well-staffed reception, admin and support staff team.
We are currently looking for an individual with a minimum of 5 years’ clinical experience with a particular interest in internal medicine and Emergency and Critical Care, seeking an interesting and varied caseload. Experience with managing complex medical work ups would be preferred. Key skills that we are seeking:
- The ability to work well in a team
- Willingness to teach and be involved with an advisory role to develop the team with respect to medicine work ups
- Excellent communications skills with clients and referring veterinary surgeons
- Excellent medicine knowledge utilising a problem-oriented approach with good record keeping skills
- A certificate or interest in furthering your skills in a very progressive and supportive environment are considered ideal
The successful applicant will be involved with ensuring excellent continuity of care for our hospitalised patients, and should be confident in all aspects of case management from the initial stabilisation, through to completing medicine work ups and interventional procedures as required. We are seeking a gifted communicator to continue our relationship with referring primary care practices and owners in a regular and timely fashion. There is an equally shared weekend rota (1:3) to ensure we provide the best standards of care – the night work will be done by our dedicated team of night staff to provide 24hour care for our patients).
Salary will be commensurate with experience and is highly competitive. The standard full-time contract is 45 hours per week and usually consists of a 4-day week, including daytime and evening shifts. We would welcome any applicants considering the role to contact our Internal Recruiter who can arrange for further discussions with our Clinical Director and hospital team.
All of this in a beautiful location in Hampstead, working as part of a warm, motivated team and accompanied by the following benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- Village Vet bonus
- Lunch provided.
Shift: 45 hours a week:
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 330 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE – Working to high level of clinical care within a team. Village Vet prides itself on working to a very high standard of care and supports RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
- CLIENT CARE – We strive for exceptional levels of client service and satisfaction.
- TEAMWORK – Working within your team, and the wider hospital teams, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times.
- MANAGEMENT TEAM – You will be fully supported and developed to allow you to grow and achieve your full potential.