Village Vet, Clarke and Marshall require a Veterinary Surgeon who will work with two other Vets in the fantastic location of Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. This role would suit a Veterinary Surgeon who is able to offer case continuity from consultation through to surgery. This position can be Full time 45 hours ideally or Part time. A summary of both rotas are below.
- Highly competitive salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- As of 1st January 2020 holiday allowance will increase to 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Village Vet Bonus scheme
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax free childcare
Flexible 30 – 45 hours/ week.
Flexible 3-5 days, plus compulsory 1 in 3 Saturdays 8.15 – 4, 1 in 12 Sundays 8,30 – 2 (at the St. Albans hospital)
Full time rota 8.15 – 7 for 3 days, 8.15 – 5 for 1 day and 8.15 – 1 for the other day.
Part time rota 8.15 – 7 x 3 days plus weekends as above.
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Assume responsibility for surgical and medical cases
- Act as a positive proponent of the practice to staff and clients
- Contribute to the practice policies and procedures
- Assist and encourage other staff and train as indicated
- Actively engage in CPD both self-directed and to assist duties within practice
Essential Experience Required
- Recent experience in UK small animal practice
- Able to demonstrate key skills to fulfil role
- Good interpersonal skills and client manner
- Evidence of familiarity with latest developments in medicine and surgery
Desirable Experience Required
- Orthopaedic experience to GP standard.
- Special interests in eg ultrasound/dentistry/exotics.
- Ability to work alone or collaboratively.
- Track record in providing veterinary care to a high standard.
Personal Skills & Qualities
By joining us in this rewarding position, you will be part of a passionate team who are dedicated to provide world class clinical care at the very heart of the community. If you share our passion for delivering outstanding pet healthcare, exceptional customer service then please apply.