Village Vet are looking to add a dedicated and talented Surgeon to our caring and motivated teams across our St Albans and Whittlesford hospitals. This is a split role working 2 days a week at each site.
The right candidate would be looking for a full-time post with a 4 day week but we would consider part time applications for exceptional candidates. The role will be surgical in nature with a strong bias to lameness cases and stifle surgery, and offer support to the hospitals and associated first opinion feeder clinics. This will include offering first opinion surgical and lameness consultations with clients and second opinion support to our vets for these types of cases. Both hospitals are well equipped and include laparoscopic equipment. Surgical experience and a post grad certificate are essential.
Shifts over 4 days a week: Monday and Wednesday working at the St Albans hospital. Tuesdays and Fridays working at the Whittlesford hospital. Thursday off.
- Highly competitive salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu).
- As of 1st January 2020 holiday allowance will increase to 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Village Vet Bonus scheme
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Providing surgical support to the hospitals and second opinion consultations for internal referral cases
- Working as part of a team and understanding that the surgery support is an extension of the wider 24-hour care offered at the practice
- Developing the surgical caseload both soft tissue and orthopaedic.
- Developing the minimally invasive caseload including arthroscopy and laparoscopy
- Offering an exceptional level of care to the clients and their animals, and delivering on our vision and aims to be a provider of exceptional veterinary care