Enthusiastic RVN required for busy St Albans hospital. We are looking for an RVN to join our friendly team of Nurses on a Day/ Night rota. We are looking for someone to come on board on a 42 hour a week contract. Previous hospital experience is not essential as on going support will be given. Village Vet St Albans has RCVS Hospital & Emergency center status and we are looking for an RVN who can help us maintain our gold standard of care. There are opportunities and encouragement given to further develop your areas of interest. We are based in the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside'.
- Highly competitive salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- RCVS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Weekends paid in addition to salary or time off in lieu
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax free childcare
4 weeks of nights (7 on, 7 off, 7 on, 7 off)
then 12 weeks of days
During the days there would be 1 : 4 Saturday shifts with a lieu day.
1:9 Sunday shifts.
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Working as a Veterinary Nurse across all areas of the hospital (Surgery, Procedures, Wards and Consultation)
- Monitoring anaesthetics and assisting with veterinary procedures
- Ensuring that set nursing practices and protocols are maintained to the current best practice standards
- Clinical Coach to a student
Essential Experience Required
- Experienced and registered veterinary nurse with an interest in or previous work experience in all areas of a hospital
- Outstanding patient care skills
- Excellent client care skills
- Working experience of MS Office and a Practice Management System
Desirable Experience Required
- Experience working as a Veterinary Nurse in a hospital
- Clinical coaching and/or training experience
- Exposure to Emergency and Critical Care cases
- Experience working with EZVet Practice Management System
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Possesses the ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Ability to work well in a team
- Open and approachable