Longstanton Village Vet offers the best possible service to all our clients and their pets. The whole practice team is committed to making any visit, either for routine preventative care or for the sick animal, an experience that is as pleasant as possible for animal and owner.
This position involves all aspects of nursing to ensure the care of your assigned patients. This will be in consults, procedures and on the hospital wards. You will use your initiative to promote new ideas whilst also supporting the training and development of students in your capacity as a Clinical Coach as well as sharing best practice with the wider team.
Reporting to the Head Nurse, your role is to assist in ensuring the smooth running of the practice whilst maintaining the high standards of patient and client care.
- Highly competitive salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- RCVS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Weekends paid in addition to salary or time off in lieu
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax free childcare
Shift: 42 hours a week.
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Working as a Veterinary Nurse across all areas of the practice/hospital (Surgery, Procedures, Wards and Consultation)
- Monitoring anaesthetics and assisting with veterinary procedures
- Ensuring that set nursing practices and protocols are maintained to the current best practice standards