We are a long established and respected veterinary hospital in Hampstead looking for an enthusiastic RVN to complement our friendly and supportive team. Here at Village Vet we have excellent facilities, which include digital x-ray, dental suite with dental x-ray, multiparameters to ensure thorough anaesthetic monitoring, defibulator, endoscopy, separate cat friendly ward and an isolation ward.
We pride ourselves on teamwork and the highest standards of both patient and client care. We currently have nurses with further qualifications such as an advanced nursing diploma, exotics certificate and a BSc Honours Degree.
In addition to that we have nurses currently working towards an ECC certificate, Anaesthesia certificate and ISFM diploma so there is a real emphasis on personal development and staff are encouraged and assisted to use their CPD.
The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic, be driven to learn and a desire to develop their skills and knowledge within the veterinary industry and above all have a passion for the work they do.
This is a full time 42 hours a week position of 4 x 10 hour shifts with one day off in the week, a 1 in 3 weekend rota (alternating Saturdays and Sundays) and an on call rota (2-3 weeks per year and paid for in addition to salary)
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Weekends paid in addition to salary or time off in lieu
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Lunch provided
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax free childcare
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Always give gold standard care to all patients and clients
- Head Vet and Head Receptionist to maintain excellent standards and generate income
- Uphold practice protocols and standards within the clinic and support your colleagues to do the same
- Ensure all work that is carried out is correctly documented, priced and communicated to clients
- Develop good relationships with clients, running clinics and appointments
- Must be prepared to become a clinical coach