We are looking for new nurse to join our Royston practice. This opportunity will cover all aspects of nursing to ensure the care of your assigned patients. This will be in consults, procedures and on the practice ward. You will use your initiative to promote new ideas within the practice. You will share our vision and deliver outstanding service and care to patients and clients.
Shift: 42 hours a week. Monday to Friday, a Saturday rotation of 1 in 3 Saturday mornings
- Highly competitive salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- RCVS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- £500 in addition to salary for Clinical Coaches (all RVNs required to be CCs- training provided)
- Weekends paid in addition to salary or time off in lieu
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Working as a Veterinary Nurse across all areas of the practice (Surgery, Procedures, and Consultation), as well as practice orders and stock management.
- Monitoring anaesthetics and assisting with veterinary procedures
- Ensuring that set nursing practices and protocols are maintained to the current best practice standards
Essential Experience Required
- Registered Veterinary Nurse with minimum 2 years in practice experienced
- Outstanding patient care skills
- Excellent client care skills
- Computer literate
Desirable Experience Required
- Exposure to in practice stock control
- Clinical Coach to a student can be developed, but is not requires
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Possesses the ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Ability to work well in a team
- Open and approachable