Maida Vale Village Vet is a boutique practice in London which provides the highest levels of veterinary care for our feline patients, we now look after dogs, rabbits and small pets too! We are a warm and personable practice with very experienced staff, utilising the latest in veterinary technology. We have digital and dental x-rays, cat friendly with a separate cat ward, fully functioning theatre and in house lab equipment. Together we are committed to maintaining the health and welfare of your pet. We look forward to seeing you and your pet at our Maida Vale, London vet practice.
We are looking for a great nurse to join our team for maternity cover on a 1 year fixed term contract.
- Highly competitive salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- As of 1st January 2020 holiday allowance will increase to 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Weekends paid in addition to salary or time off in lieu
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax free childcare
Monday – Friday, early/late shifts (8.30-5pm or 11-7.30pm)
Saturdays 1:3 8.30-1pm
1 Bank Holiday per year
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Managing the SVN and Receptionist
- Rota management
- Ensuring a gold standard service is always provided
- Stock management and ordering duties
- Liaising with external suppliers
- Gold standard patient care
Essential Experience Required
- Strong leadership skills
- Willingness to teach others
- Good client communication
- Confident within clinical skills
Personal Skills & Qualities
By joining us in this rewarding position, you will be part of a passionate team who are dedicated to provide world class clinical care at the very heart of the community. If you share our passion for delivering outstanding pet healthcare, exceptional customer service then please apply.