You will work clinically in all aspects of nursing to ensure the care of your assigned patients. This will be in consults, procedures and on the hospital wards. You will use your initiative to promote new ideas whilst also supporting the training and development of students in your capacity as a Clinical Coach as well as sharing best practice with the wider team. You will share our vision and deliver outstanding service and care to patients and clients, as well as non-group practices that utilise our out-of-hours service.
Reporting to the Head Nurse, your role is to assist in ensuring the smooth running of the practice whilst maintaining the high standards of patient and client care.
Shift: Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays between Longstanton and Cottenham. 1 in 8 Saturdays at the Milton hospital. 25 hours a week.
Information About Us
Village Vet has 30 practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in Hampstead – London Vet Specialists. We have 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and internal medicine. The pace of work for Village Vet ranges from the quieter village practices in Cambridge, to the fast-paced, 24-hour emergency and critical care at Hampstead.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Working as a Veterinary Nurse across all areas of the practice/hospital (Surgery, Procedures, Wards and Consultation)
- Monitoring anaesthetics and assisting with veterinary procedures
- Ensuring that set nursing practices and protocols are maintained to the current best practice standards
Essential Experience Required
- Experienced and registered veterinary nurse with an interest in or previous work experience in all areas of a practice/hospital
- Outstanding patient care skills
- Excellent client care skills
- Working experience of MS Office and a Practice Management System
Desirable Experience Required
- Experience working as a Veterinary Nurse in a practice/hospital
- Clinical coaching and/or training experience
- Exposure to Emergency and Critical Care cases
- Experience working with EZVet Practice Management System
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Possesses the ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Ability to work well in a team
- Open and approachable