You will be working in the busy, bespoke practice at Village Vet Brackenbury, London.
This amazing local clinic at the heart of the neighbourhood has great transport links with a short walk from Shepherds bush (central line and Overground) and opposite Goldhawk Road tube station. The team at Brackenbury provide excellent clinical standards and customer care. Our lovely clients have high expectations and we aim to exceed them.
- Rolling rota – early shifts 8am to 4pm, late shifts 10am to 7.30pm.
- 1 in 2 weekends (Saturday 8am to 1.30pm only) days off given in lieu.
- Highly competitive salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- As of 1st January 2020 holiday allowance will increase to 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Weekends paid in addition to salary or time off in lieu
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax free childcare
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Lots of ops, patient care and nurse clinics to keep you busy!
- As the main operating Nurse, you will be responsible for the smooth running of theatre
- We have excellent reception/support team who keep the front of house running smoothly to allow the clinical team to look after the patients
- We actively encourage our nursing team to do as much clinically as they can do, to run their own appointments/clinics and to help us develop and manage the clinic
- You must be commercially minded and an advocate for preventative health care
- Always give gold standard care to all patients and clients.
- Support the Head nurse to train students and other team members
- Help the Head Nurse, Head Vet and Head Receptionist to maintain excellent standards and generate income
- Uphold practice protocols and standards within the clinic and support your colleagues to do the same
- Ensure all work that is carried out is correctly documented, priced and communicated to clients
- Develop good relationships with clients, running clinics and appointments