Village Vet Winchmore Hill is a large, fully equipped veterinary practice conveniently located between Winchmore Hill, Palmers Green and Enfield with a spacious car park to the rear. We pride ourselves on the relaxed, friendly, caring atmosphere at our practice. The practice also has an emergency 24-hour service.
As a receptionist you will be responsible for ensuring customers are treated with the utmost respect and receive a five-star service throughout their time with us. This role can be very demanding and very rewarding.
Shift: 42 hours a week
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Liaising with the clients and the clinical staff to ensure effective customer service
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Booking appointments
- Diary management
- Managing telephone and email inquiries
- Taking payment for services and products
- Cash management
- Opening and closing the practice
- Stock management
Essential Experience Required
- High-end Receptionist or Customer Service experience
- Exposure to management of sensitive situations that require discretion and empathy
- Responsibility for handling money and cashing up tills
Desirable Experience Required
- Comfortable working on the front desk alone at times
- Having worked in a medical or veterinary environment
Personal Skills & Qualities
By joining us in this rewarding position, you will be part of a passionate team who are dedicated to provide world class clinical care at the very heart of the community. If you share our passion for delivering outstanding pet healthcare, exceptional customer service then please apply.