As a receptionist you will be responsible for ensuring customers are treated with the utmost respect and receive a five-star service throughout their time with us. This role can be very demanding and very rewarding.
Shift: 22.5 hours a week
Information About Us
Village Vet has 30 practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in Hampstead – London Vet Specialists. We have nearly 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine. The pace of work for Village Vet ranges from the quieter village practices in Cambridge, to the fast-paced, 24 hour emergency and critical care at Hampstead.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Liaising with the clients and the clinical staff to ensure effective customer service
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Booking appointments
- Diary management
- Managing telephone and email inquiries
- Taking payment for services and products
- Cash management
- Opening and closing the practice
- Stock management
Essential Experience Required
- High-end Receptionist or Customer Service experience
- Exposure to management of sensitive situations that require discretion and empathy
- Responsibility for handling money and cashing up tills
Desirable Experience Required
- Comfortable working on the front desk alone at times
- Having worked in a medical or veterinary environment
Personal Skills & Qualities
By joining us in this rewarding position, you will be part of a passionate team who are dedicated to provide world class clinical care at the very heart of the community. If you share our passion for delivering outstanding pet healthcare, exceptional customer service then please apply.