This role is responsible for delivering clinical care to the hospital’s patients and client care to their owners. It is paramount that this role delivers client satisfaction to an exceptional level as defined by Village Vet and measured by Village Vet KPIs. This includes making all interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and bringing warmth to the clients. The role is purely nights, meaning that it is fully exposed to all aspects of Veterinary work in the hospital, including emergency admits.
Information About Us
Village Vet has 30 practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral center in Hampstead – London Vet Specialists. We have nearly 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and internal medicine. The pace of work for Village Vet ranges from the quieter village practices in Cambridge, to the fast-paced, 24 hour emergency and critical care at Hampstead.
We are happy to consider part time or full time for this role. We have various rota's available for this role.
Your Main Responsibilities
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE - Delivering a high level of clinical care to standards in conjunction with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme (Including but not limited to holding consultations and diagnosing animals, performing surgery, administering anaesthesia, undertaking scans, prescribing and euthanases where necessary)
- CLIENT CARE - The delivery of client satisfaction to an exceptional level as defined by Village Vet and measured by Village Vet KPIs. This includes making all your interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and warmth to the clients
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – Making sure that your work fully supports the Head Vet’s objective of ensuring the hospital runs effectively and efficiently
- TEAMWORK – Working within the Vet team and wider hospital team, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times
Essential Experience Required
- Strong small animal medical and surgical experience
- Awareness of the operational aspects of the practice that affect practice profitability
- Ability to lead as the most senior person on shift
- Having worked in a sole charge role
- Experience working in a busy hospital or practice
Desirable Experience Required
- Understanding and experience of a Night Vet role
- Previous experience in a 24-hour hospital
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Self-aware, positive attitude and receptive to change
- Effective communication skills within the team and with clients
- Ability to work as a strong contributor to a team