We are looking for a self-motivated Night RVN to join our friendly teams at our gold standard hospitals Whittlesford and Milton. The successful candidate will come on board on a 45.5 hour a week contract. Previous hospital experience is not essential as ongoing support will be given. We are looking for an RVN who will help us maintain our gold standard of care. We support and encourage nurses to develop their area of interest and to achieve further qualifications.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme on own pet treatments
- Workplace pension scheme
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax free childcare
- Scope to take on extra shifts for extra pay should you wish to
Shift: 45.5 hours a week: 1 week on, 1 week off Monday to Friday. 13 hours per shift.
Week 1 Mon to Thurs covering at Milton and Fri to Sun covering at Whittlesford
Week 2 OFF
Week 3 Mon to Thurs covering at Whittlesford and Fri to Sun covering at Milton
Week 4 OFF
The shifts are all 19:15pm to 8:15am.
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Working as a Veterinary Nurse across all areas of the hospital (Surgery, Procedures, Wards and Consultation)
- Monitoring anaesthetics and assisting with veterinary procedures
- Ensuring that set nursing practices and protocols are maintained to the current best practice standards
- Clinical Coach to a student