Fast pace 24 hour hospital with interesting cases and amazing knowledgeable team with paid lunch breaks and food provided!
Shift/Rota: 8pm – 8am 7 nights on 7 nights off. 8am Monday night to 8am the following Monday morning.
Information About Us
We are a long established and respected 24 hour veterinary hospital in Hampstead looking for an enthusiastic PCA to complement our friendly and supportive team. Here at Village vet our night team consists of various vets, four registered veterinary nurses and two PCA with a team of one vet, two registered veterinary nurses and one PCA per night shift. We pride ourselves in teamwork and the highest standards of both patient and client care. The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic, be driven to learn and a desire to develop their skills and knowledge within the veterinary industry and above all have a passion for the work they do.
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Maintaining clean accommodation and patients
- Ensuring Dogs are walked as per schedule on hospital sheet
- Ensuring cats have clean litter trays as and when soiled
- Ensuring all patients are fed as per schedule on hospital sheet
- Ensuring the laundry is up to date (washed, dried, folded)
- Processing lab samples in house or packaging samples for collection
- Following instructions from staff
- Cleaning and packaging of surgical equipment
Essential Experience Required
- Previous PCA or similar experience
Desirable Experience Required
- Handling and restraint with animals
- Customer service/reception experience
- Previous night work experience
Personal Skills & Qualities
By joining us in this rewarding position, you will be part of a passionate team who are dedicated to provide world class clinical care at the very heart of the community. If you share our passion for delivering outstanding pet healthcare, exceptional customer service then please apply.