To be considered you must be RCVS registered.
Your job is to provide exceptional care to the patients being hospitalised and maintain the running of the practice overnight.
This will include but is not limited to:
- To familiarise yourself fully to the individual patients conditions, monitoring and treatment needs.
- Provide medication as prescribed by the Veterinarian.
- Use Knowledge and initiative to constantly assess patients conditions and adapt care requirements.
- Handle and restrain patients maintaining your own and the animals safety.
- Monitor patients’ conditions and react to ensure they are safe and well.
- Maintain patient hygiene to the highest level.
- Walk the dogs to provide exercise and toilet opportunities.
- Maintain fluid therapy with the use of drip pumps and syringe driver.
- Use monitoring equipment and maintain training.
- Provide oxygen therapy if required and monitor patient.
- Maintain accurate computer and written records and communicate well with your colleagues.
- Update owners over the phone about the condition of their pet.
- Take responsibility for your own safety as you are working alone. Bring any concerns regarding your own safety or the security of the practice to your line managers attention.
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of your work area and floors.
- Provide infection control to kennels and animal food bowls and utensils.
- Partake in hand over rounds at the beginning and end of your shift.
- Seek guidance if required to provide the best care to your patients.
- Restock consumables.
Shift: Mon-Sunday 1 week on 1 week off. (Monday – Friday 8pm-8am, Saturday, Sunday and BH's 4pm-8am equals 92 hours per week working)
- 28 days holiday plus birthday off.
- As of 1st January 2020 holiday allowance will increase to 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service.
- RCVS fees paid.
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable).
- Staff discount scheme.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Occupational Health Scheme.
- Eye care vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Tax free childcare.
- Scope to take on extra shifts for extra pay should you wish to.
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.