- Oversee the maintenance, upkeep, repair and day to day maintenance for 30+ veterinary practices across Southern England
- Act as sole contact point for external contractors. Must be able to provide scope of work to external contractors
- Act as a liaison between veterinary practices, contractors and Group Operations Manager
- Must be able to act as a project manager and provide routine updates to management
- Identify and assess construction and repair deficiencies and solicit repair work in a timely manner.
- Must be able to perform minor repair work independently.
- Perform visual inspection of repair projects to assess state of completion.
- Provide a list of required materials and supplies to Group Operations Manager on weekly basis.
- Meet regularly with direct supervisor at designated times to discuss completed work and work to be assigned to trades.
- Review veterinary practice work orders on a proactive and daily basis.
- Must be able to remain contactable out of hours for emergency requirements.
- Develop a constructive and helpful working relationship with Group Operations Manager and veterinary practices
- completing regular inspections and check of property and equipment.
What You Bring
- Basic arithmetic skills, for example, in taking measurements, is essential.
- Several years’ experience in commercial construction industry, or experience in the renovations / repairs business.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in multiple trades functions such as carpentry, drywall, painting, etc. is a requirement, as is knowledge of various tools and equipment.
- Comfortable in the use of technology, smartphones, or computers to record, review and communicate information.
- Must have the ability to read and write accurately in the English language.
- Flexible, with the willingness and ability to travel daily to assigned sites and to work at locations across the division.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, regular access to a vehicle and provide own tools.
- Must be able to spend one a fortnight doing administrative functions such as invoice approvals, expense reconciliations, project updates, etc.
Number of hours: 45 hours per week
Schedule: Subject to work requirements
Type of role: permanent, full time
- £30,000 basic salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- As of 1st January 2020 holiday allowance will increase to 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax free childcare
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.