Exciting opportunity for a veterinarian with 5+ years UK experience to head up a team of 3 vets across 2 branches. Ideal for a well-motivated and driven vet looking to expand on their leadership capabilities.
The suitable person needs to work well with all staff as well be client focused.
As head vet you will be responsible for the day to day running and performance of the practices and to lead the teams with the help and support of the Cambridge Village Vet team and the 24 hour Whittlesford and Milton hospitals.
Weekend rota is 1 in 3 Saturday mornings. 9-1pm
- Highly competitive salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Village Vet Bonus scheme
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax free childcare
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE – Working to high level of clinical care and supporting your team to do the same. Village Vet prides itself on working to a very high standard of care and supports RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
- CLIENT CARE – We strive for exceptional levels of client service and satisfaction.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – As Head Vet your objective is to ensure the practice runs effectively and efficiently.
- TEAMWORK – Working within your team, and the wider hospital teams, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times.
- MANAGEMENT TEAM – You will be fully supported and developed to allow you to grow and achieve your full potential.
Essential Experience Required
- 5 years minimum UK experience in small animal medical and surgery.
- Awareness of the operational aspects of the practice that affect practice profitability
- Ability to lead
- Capable of working in a sole charge situation
Desirable Experience Required
- Understanding and experience of a Head Vet position
- Previous experience managing a team
- Basic business KPI knowledge
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Self aware, positive attitude and receptive to change
- Effective communication skills within the team and with clients
- Ability to work as a strong contributor to a team