Clarke and Marshall (working in partnership with Village Vet) require a Head Veterinary Surgeon who will lead a team of two Veterinary Surgeons in the fantastic location of Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire. Our new head vet will implement best working practices across the practice and will offer case continuity from the consultation room, to case work up, through to surgery. Accommodation can be provided if required.
- Highly competitive salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Village Vet Bonus scheme
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax free childcare
This position is full time, 45 hours a week, Monday - Friday with 1 in 3 Saturdays.
Information About Us
Clarke and Marshall enjoy welcoming pets and clients for advice/chat/weighing/de-stressing as well as providing clinical care to the highest standard.
Working in partnership with the Village Vet group, offering 24 hour, gold standard care to our patients.
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for surgical and medical cases
- Manage the sales performance, budget and overall profitability of the business on a day to day basis
- Managing client care/implementing initiatives/ collating CPD
- Manage the practice policies and procedures
- Assist and encourage other staff and train as indicated
- Liaise with Operation managers
- You will receive support from a clinical director and operations support manager to achieve the above objectives
Essential Experience Required
- Experience in UK small animal practice at a senior level
- High level of general competency in all fields of surgery and medicine
- Excellent interpersonal skills and client manner, mentoring and leadership
- Experience in use of KPI/EBITDA/budgets
Personal Skills & Qualities
By joining us in this rewarding position, you will be part of a passionate team who are dedicated to provide world class clinical care at the very heart of the community. If you share our passion for delivering outstanding pet healthcare, exceptional customer service then please apply.