The St John's Wood practice is a small branch that sees a varied caseload and has a committed client base. They have a focus on being a fun place to work and take pride in looking after their staff as well as providing brilliant client and patient care.
The head nurse will uphold excellent clinical standards and deliver exceptional client care. You will lead more junior members of the team and work closely with the Head Vet to optimise the practices' performance in providing caring and empathetic gold standard service to an established client base. The practice is very friendly and sees a very varied caseload. You will be responsible for working to improve the running of the practice where possible for the benefit of clients, staff and the business. This is a unique opportunity to put some of your own ideas into a practice and to work in a wonderful area of London!
- Highly competitive salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- RCVS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Weekends paid in addition to salary or time off in lieu
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax free childcare
Shift: 42 hours week Monday -Friday. The weekends are 1:6.
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Working as a Veterinary Nurse across all areas of the practice (surgery, procedures, organisation of the practice and consultations)
- Monitoring anaesthetics and assisting with veterinary procedures
- Ensuring that set nursing practices and protocols are maintained to the current best practice standards and developing new protocols where appropriate
- Clinical Coach to a second year student
Essential Experience Required
- Experienced and registered veterinary nurse with an interest in furthering their career in a Head Nurse role in an established practice
- Outstanding patient care skills including anaesthetic management
- Excellent client care skills
- Working experience of MS Office and a Practice Management System
Desirable Experience Required
- Experience working as a Veterinary Nurse in a branch clinic
- Clinical coaching and/or training experience
- Exposure to Emergency and Critical Care cases
- Experience working with EZVet Practice Management System
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Possesses the ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Ability to work well in a team
- Open and approachable