You will be working in a small but busy practice in Chiswick, London
The team at Chiswick are extremely hardworking and dedicated to their roles and this position would suit someone who has the same level of passion for animal care as the team do.
You'll work clinically and provide support, guidance and leadership to junior members of the team. You will oversee the smooth running of the practice, being involved in all aspects of nursing care and the day-to-day running of the practice. You will work closely with the Head Vet to ensure the team within the practice works together and productively and ensure excellent patient care and service delivery.
You will share our vision and help motivate and inspire your team in delivering outstanding service and care to patients and clients, as well as consistently keeping up practice standards and implementing new ones to suit the business.
Shift: 42 hours a week including 1:3 weekends
- Highly competitive salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- RCVS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- £500 in addition to salary for Clinical Coaches (all RVNs required to be CCs- training provided)
- Weekends paid in addition to salary or time off in lieu
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Working as the Head Veterinary Nurse across all areas of the clinic (Surgery, Procedures and Consultation)
- Monitoring anaesthetics and assisting with veterinary procedures
- Ensuring that set nursing practices and protocols are maintained to the current best practice standards
Essential Experience Required
- Experienced and registered veterinary nurse with an interest in or previous work experience in all areas of a clinic
- Outstanding patient care skills
- Excellent client care skills
- Working experience of MS Office and a Practice Management System
Desirable Experience Required
- Experience working with EZVet Practice Management System
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Possesses the ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Ability to work well in a team
- Open and approachable