You will be working in a small but busy practice in Chiswick, London
The team at Pet Care Chiswick are extremely hardworking and dedicated to their roles and this position would suit someone who has the same level of passion for animal care as the team do.
You'll work clinically and provide support, guidance and leadership to junior members of the team. You will oversee the smooth running of the practice, being involved in all aspects of nursing care and the day-to-day running of the practice. You will work closely with the Head Vet to ensure the team within the practice works together and productively and ensure excellent patient care and service delivery.
You will share our vision and help motivate and inspire your team in delivering outstanding service and care to patients and clients, as well as consistently keeping up practice standards and implementing new ones to suit the business.
Information About Us
Pet Care have 5 practices and are part of the Village Vet family of 30 practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in Hampstead – London Vet Specialists. We have over 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine. The pace of work for Village Vet ranges from the quieter village practices in Cambridge, to the fast-paced, 24-hour emergency and critical care at Hampstead.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Working as the Head Veterinary Nurse across all areas of the clinic (Surgery, Procedures and Consultation)
- Monitoring anaesthetics and assisting with veterinary procedures
- Ensuring that set nursing practices and protocols are maintained to the current best practice standards
Essential Experience Required
- Experienced and registered veterinary nurse with an interest in or previous work experience in all areas of a clinic
- Outstanding patient care skills
- Excellent client care skills
- Working experience of MS Office and a Practice Management System
Desirable Experience Required
- Experience working with EZVet Practice Management System
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Possesses the ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Ability to work well in a team
- Open and approachable