Village Vet St Albans (Caytons) is open 24 hours a day. We are open around the clock to provide care for clients whenever they need it. We are also delighted to announce that the Royal College of Veterinary surgeons has awarded Village Vet St Albans ‘Hospital and Emergency Centre’ status under it’s nationwide Practice Standards Scheme. This is the highest level awarded by the College demonstrating the care and facilities provided meet their stringent requirements. The hospital is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This enables the team to provide emergency care 24/7 as well as ensuring our inpatients receive the care and supervision they require.
Village Vet St Albans are in search of a Day/Night Veterinary Surgeon to join their hospital in St Albans. This role is responsible for delivering clinical care to the hospital’s patients and client care. This includes making all interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value and an exceptional service. The combination of a day and night rota allows our Vets to work across highly experienced teams, receiving a variety of cases and opportunities to develop.
Village Vet St Albans is a well-established, purpose built small animal hospital. We take pride in our excellent reputation for friendliness and a high level of expertise. Our facilities are modern and well equipped with full digital diagnostic facilities, on site laboratory, full operating theatres, separate dog and cat hospital wards and ample parking on site. We have a very experienced and empathetic team of vets, nurses and support staff, some with extra qualifications, to ensure that clients receive the best care available.
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- Village Vet bonus
Shift: 45 hours a week:
1 week of nights (Monday – Sunday)
1 week off
2 weeks of days (Monday – Friday)
1:12 Saturdays 8:30-7:30
1:12 Sundays 8:30-7:30
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 330 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE – Working to high level of clinical care within a team. Village Vet prides itself on working to a very high standard of care and supports RCVS Practice Standards Scheme.
- CLIENT CARE – We strive for exceptional levels of client service and satisfaction.
- TEAMWORK – Working within your team, and the wider hospital teams, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times.
- MANAGEMENT TEAM – You will be fully supported and developed to allow you to grow and achieve your full potential.