This exciting new Clinical Director role is a combination of hands-on in clinic veterinary work and administrative duties to grow and develop the region in an all-round manner.
• Working clinically approximately half your time shoulder to shoulder with the vets on the ground and the rest spent managing the clinical activities of the practices and hospitals in the Hertfordshire region.
• Developing the team to optimise uptake of clinical services and ensuring your teams have the ability to succeed.
• Leading and working alongside a clinical team including head vets, head nurses and head receptionists at their dedicated sites, all aiming towards providing the best possible service, support and outcomes for patients, customers and colleagues.
• To be engaging and show a keen interest in developing the business, whilst identifying with the brand and core goals of the company.
• To demonstrate a willingness to develop financial and commercial awareness in order to perform in this role.
• Engage with the teams to ensure there is understanding and commitment to the aims of the practices; to promote our services and encourage others to do so, including gold standard clinical approach, health care packages preventative medicine.
• Uphold the practice core values, setting standards in patient and client care at all times.
• Overseeing requests for holiday, sickness and recruitment as necessary.
• Actively listen and provide constructive feedback through formal appraisals and informal meetings, make changes where appropriate to encourage good staff retention.
• Build strong and lasting relationships with team members, giving equal respect for each other and working productively as a team.
• Utilise individual’s skills to maximise provision of services appropriate to clinical qualifications and roles within each practice.
• Be perceptive and show intuition in understanding colleagues’ feelings and emotional drivers.
• Be open and honest and provide mentoring to all staff in your teams.
• Innovate and bring ideas forward for the development of the business.
• Embrace reflective learning and demonstrate an ability to change leadership style in order to sustain a harmonious working atmosphere.
This is a full-time role and includes week-end duties.
The hours are based on the Clinical Director working 8:30am - 7:30pm for each shift. During the week the CD would consult in the hospital between 4:30pm - 7pm so we expect their day to be admin work 8:30am - 3pm and then clinical work 4pm - 7:30pm.
The Saturday & Sunday shifts are full clinical days.
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget available for certificate studies)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 330 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Essential Experience Required
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience with at least 2 years as a CD
- Minimum 7 years veterinary experience with at least 2 years in the UK