A role is available for an enthusiastic and hard-working Registered Veterinary Nurse with a focus on anaesthesia and theatre nursing. You will work within a small, friendly and dynamic team of veterinary surgeons and nurses, and particularly alongside an anaesthesia specialist with whom you will discuss the cases of the day. These will involve both sedation and anaesthesia for diagnostics (e.g ultrasound/CT), medical procedures (e.g endoscopy) and surgical interventions. However, you will be expected to assist in other disciplines (internal medicine, cardiology, oncology, dermatology and emergency critical care) as required. Previous experience of monitoring anaesthetics for non-routine surgical procedures would be advantageous but training will be given so confidence and enthusiasm to learn is more important.
Shift: 42 hours a week, 5 days a week, 1 weekend in 3.
Information About Us
London Vet Specialists provides a complete multi-disciplinary referral facility, led by one of the world’s leading small animal surgeons.
At London Vet Specialists, we are committed to minimising pain and distress; every patient receives a pain assessment on their arrival with us and an appropriate treatment plan is made, alongside ongoing pain monitoring throughout their stay with us.
Our specialists at the London Vet Specialists are leaders in their fields, among them pioneers in cutting-edge surgical and diagnostic techniques. We offer veterinary referral at both secondary and tertiary level, and host a 24 hour consultant-led emergency and critical care service. Our advanced equipment and facilities allow for optimum patient comfort and faster recovery times.
Part of the Village Vet Group which has 30 practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in Hampstead – London Vet Specialists. We have nearly 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and internal medicine. The pace of work for Village Vet ranges from the quieter village practices in Cambridge, to the fast-paced, 24-hour emergency and critical care at Hampstead.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Assist in other disciplines (internal medicine, cardiology, oncology, dermatology and emergency critical care) as required
- Monitoring anaesthetics and assisting with veterinary procedures
- Ensuring that set nursing practices and protocols are maintained to the current best practice standards
- Clinical Coach to a student
Essential Experience Required
RCVS Registered veterinary nurse qualification
2 years experience working in general or referral practice
An interest in anaesthesia and pain management
Positive attitude and willingness to learn
Works well as part of a team
Able to use initiative and be flexible
Desirable Experience Required
- Experienced and registered veterinary nurse with an interest in or previous work experience in all areas of a hospital
- Outstanding patient care skills
- Excellent client care skills
- Working experience of MS Office and a Practice Management System
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Possesses the ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Ability to work well in a team
- Open and approachable