Location: Petcare, St Helens, London
Job Type: Permanent
Category: Veterinary Surgeon
Reporting to: Practice Manager
Salary: Competitive Market Rate
Closing Date: 6th May 2018
You will be working in a beautiful practice in Ladbroke Grove, London.
Being the primary Vet on site, you’ll need to take charge of the practice and the team to help its continued success.
The team at Petcare St Helens are hardworking and dedicated to their roles and this position would suit someone who has the same level of passion for animal care as the team do.
Information About Us
Petcare have 5 practices and have recently joined the Village Vet family of 30 practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes three 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in Hampstead – London Vet Specialists. We have over 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine. The pace of work for Village Vet ranges from the quieter village practices in Cambridge, to the fast-paced, 24-hour emergency and critical care at Hampstead.
Your Main Responsibilities
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE - Delivering a high level of clinical care to standards in conjunction with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme (Including but not limited to holding consultations and diagnosing animals, performing surgery, administering anaesthesia, prescribing and euthanases where necessary)
- CLIENT CARE - The delivery of client satisfaction to an exceptional level as defined by Village Vet and measured by Village Vet KPIs. This includes making all your interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and warmth to the clients
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – Making sure that your work fully supports the practice managers objective of ensuring the practice runs effectively and efficiently.
- TEAMWORK – Working within the Vet team, and wider hospital team, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times
Essential Experience Required
- Strong small animal medical and surgical experience
- Experience within Emergency and Critical care
- Soft tissue surgery
- Ability to lead when the most senior person on shift or in the room
- Having worked in a sole charge role
- Experience working in a busy practice or hospital
Desirable Experience Required
- Previous experience in a sole charge role
- Previous experience with EZVet practice management system
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Self-aware, positive attitude and receptive to change
- Effective communication skills within the team and with clients
- Ability to work as a strong contributor to a team