Village Vet Winchmore Hill are expanding their nursing team. This Veterinary Nurse vacancy is an amazing opportunity to work in a forward thinking large veterinary practice.
Winchmore Hill is a thriving, dynamic clinic with overnight care that means that all our nurses get to nurse! Fancy a job with the following:
- Case continuity and gold standard care through the excellent facilities - operating theatre, ultrasound, endoscopy, dental suite, and experienced vet team (who have all been trained to remove their own sharps!)
- Exposure to complex cases including orthopaedic and Certificate level medical cases
- An experienced, talented and committed team who support each other
- The ability to run nurse clinics to develop skills in nutrition, geriatric health, puppy and kitten behaviour
- Opportunity for career development to include Clinical Coaching or further study
- Perks to include monthly staff ‘feasts’
- Highly competitive salary
- 25 days per annum plus bank holidays plus Birthday Day.
- RCVS fees paid
- £500 CPD allowance with 2 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Occupational Health Scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
Shift: 42 hours a week. 5 days, plus 1:6 Saturdays (day back in lieu) and Sundays paid additional, 1 bank holiday per year (given back as lieu and paid)
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 330 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Always give gold standard care to all patients and clients
- Uphold practice protocols and standards within the clinic and support your colleagues to do the same
- Ensure all work that is carried out is correctly documented, priced and communicated to clients
- Develop good relationships with clients, running clinics and appointments
- Must be prepared to become a clinical coach