You will be working in a beautifully quaint, feline friendly practice in Queens Park, London
The team at Pet Care Queens Park are hardworking and dedicated to their roles and this position would suit someone who has the same level of passion for animal care as the team do.
This role is responsible for delivering clinical care to the hospital’s patients and client care to their owners. This includes making all interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and bringing warmth to the clients. The role is fully exposed to all aspects of Veterinary work in the hospital, including emergency admits and consults.
45 hours a week which includes 1 in 2 Saturdays and 1 in 6 Sundays.
Information About Us
Pet Care have 5 practices part of the Village Vet family of 30 practices across North London, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, which includes four 24-hour emergency hospitals and a specialist referral centre in Hampstead – London Vet Specialists. We have over 300 staff, including specialists in Soft Tissue Surgery, Dermatology and Emergency and Critical Care, staff with certificates in feline practice, and residency trained consultants in anaesthesia and analgesia and internal medicine. The pace of work for Village Vet ranges from the quieter village practices in Cambridge, to the fast-paced, 24-hour emergency and critical care at Hampstead.
Your Main Responsibilities
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE - Delivering a high level of clinical care to standards in conjunction with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme (Including but not limited to holding consultations and diagnosing animals, performing surgery, administering anaesthesia, undertaking scans, prescribing and euthanases where necessary)
- CLIENT CARE - The delivery of client satisfaction to an exceptional level as defined by Village Vet and measured by Village Vet KPIs. This includes making all your interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and warmth to the clients
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – Making sure that your work fully supports the Head Vet’s objective of ensuring the hospital runs effectively and efficiently
- TEAMWORK – Working within the Vet team and wider hospital team, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times
Essential Experience Required
- Small animal medical and routine surgical experience
- Sole charge experience
- Experience with face to face consultations
- Ability to lead when the most senior person on shift or in the room
- Worked as a Vet in a busy hospital or practice
Desirable Experience Required
- Previous experience in a 24-hour Emergency Critical Care Centre
- Awareness of the operational aspects of the practice that affect practice profitability
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Self-aware, positive attitude and receptive to change
- Effective communication skills within the team and with clients
- Ability to work as a strong contributor to a team