You will be working in a beautifully quaint, feline friendly practice in Queens Park, London
The team at Queens Park are hardworking and dedicated to their roles and this position would suit someone who has the same level of passion for animal care as the team do.
This role is responsible for delivering clinical care to the hospital’s patients and client care to their owners. This includes making all interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and bringing warmth to the clients. The role is fully exposed to all aspects of Veterinary work in the hospital, including emergency admits and consults.
45 hours a week, Monday to Sunday, 1 :2 Saturdays and 1 :8 Sundays at Chiswick
all included in 45 hour week. Accommodation can potentially be provided for this position.
- Highly competitive salary
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (one bank holiday per year to be working is compulsory with a day of your choice back in lieu)
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS Membership
- £1000 CPD allowance with 5 days off to attend (Higher budget/courses negotiable)
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Additional CPD for Clinical Coaches
- Holiday entitlement increase with years of service
- Village Vet Bonus scheme
Information About Us
‘To be recognised as an exceptional and trusted provider of primary veterinary care to our patients and clients within the communities that we serve. Every patient, every client, every visit’.
Village Vet is a progressive, forward thinking, premium veterinary group with small and medium sized first opinion practices, 4 large 24-hour hospitals and a referral centre. Village Vet is based in London, Hertfordshire and Cambridge. We believe in supporting and investing in our staff, investing in our facilities and ensuring that our clients and their pets receive only the very best, modern first opinion or specialist care. Our staff are motivated and encouraged to gain additional certifications across all levels of employment and we offer career progression within our group. We have a strong recognisable brand and we are looking for people who share our vision and our culture. We have over 300 staff members across our 32 sites and are very proud of our achievements and our reputation in the veterinary profession.
Your Main Responsibilities
- PATIENT/CLINICAL CARE - Delivering a high level of clinical care to standards in conjunction with the RCVS Practice Standards Scheme (Including but not limited to holding consultations and diagnosing animals, performing surgery, administering anaesthesia, undertaking scans, prescribing and euthanases where necessary)
- CLIENT CARE - The delivery of client satisfaction to an exceptional level as defined by Village Vet and measured by Village Vet KPIs. This includes making all your interactions with clients fully focused on delivering value, exceptional service and warmth to the clients
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – Making sure that your work fully supports the Head Vet’s objective of ensuring the hospital runs effectively and efficiently
- TEAMWORK – Working within the Vet team and wider hospital team, to contribute your skills, efforts and personal strengths to help ensure a harmonious team ethos at all times
Essential Experience Required
- Small animal medical and routine surgical experience
- Sole charge experience
- Experience with face to face consultations
- Ability to lead when the most senior person on shift or in the room
- Worked as a Vet in a busy hospital or practice
Desirable Experience Required
- Previous experience in a 24-hour Emergency Critical Care Centre
- Awareness of the operational aspects of the practice that affect practice profitability
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Self-aware, positive attitude and receptive to change
- Effective communication skills within the team and with clients
- Ability to work as a strong contributor to a team